Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weaves Weaves Weaves Part 1: White look Perfected by Black Style

Why must we wear weaves? Are we unhappy with ourselves? Do we want to look like the Europeans? What benefit does it bring us? Does it help or enhance our features?

Personally, I love weaves. They enhance our natural beauty. Some say it is a way for us to try to look like Europeans. But I personally think, its a way to enhance our own beautiful natural hair. Sometimes people abuse weaves(like my grandmother) and sometimes people use weaves as a catalyst for hair growth( like Angela Simmons). Weaves, or extensions or wigs, have impacted the black community for a LONG time, going as far back as the ancient Egyptian times. The method we all know as weaving, was created in 1950 by Christina Jenkins( that is sure as hell a black name. lol).Although it was way different than what it is today, it was a stepping stone to perfect, The Black Hair.

Anyway, enough with the history. What are we really going to talk about? Well, I want to ask, how many times have you looked at someone, you know them or not, and then say, "That's a horrible weave" and then shake your head. Have you wondered if it has happened to you? Maybe. All us black people know what's a weave and what's not, most of the time we just have to take a glance and already know by length and texture. And some of us can even tell when its synthetic! That's a hell of a eye, if you ask me. I know when I see that I just want to grab that person, take then home, and then fix that rats nest for them! Its a strong urge to ignore.Well, at least for me.

Alter ego how do I know if I have a bad weave?

Its simple, and a couple of test will tell.
Are your tracks showing?

Baby you got a bad weave


Does your hair not blend?

Baby, you got a bad weave


My tips for this........

1. Stop being cheap. Your hair is an accessory that came FOR FREE! You are born with this and you will die with it. This is the only accessory that you have that is truly personalized to YOU. It is an investment that you need to be committed to, or you can just go bald....it worked for Amber Rose. =/

2." I can't do my hair, and stylist are so expensive" If you don't know how to do you hair, learn! There are so many sources out there that will help you(including this one). If you need tips on how to cornrow, blend, dye, weave, stitch, make your own wig, there are so many sources out there!

3. "But Alter Ego, I don't know where to start" Start on the next post. Its called "Weaves, Weaves, Weaves Tips #1" So many sources out there, but you need to know how to research it all.

4. " Okay, but hair is so expensive" That's why its called an investment. However, there are ways to get the hair you want for a lower price. If you want to know where to get it, and if you serious, I suggest you go searching and looking on forum.blackhairmedia.com on the Weaves/Extensions(Newbies) area. The ladies there are very knowledgeable. And whatever I don't cover on here, they will surely cover on there.


Look out for Weaves Weaves Weaves Tips #1


Peace,Love, and Blessings from above,

Alter Ego

Please comment below and tell me what you think about this post. I really need some opinions about it. I need to know what you guys want. I need answers here people! Go head and comment. The button aint there for nuthin!

No comments:

Post a Comment