Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weaves Weaves Weaves Tips #1


You come here cause your scared you have a bad weave right? And you want to blend it right? Well come on and I some tips for ya!

"Alter Ego, I have relaxed hair, and my weave is curly/wavy, and my hair is just not blending!"
Your weave is curly/wavy, you have relaxed hair, and its not blending....hmmmmm

Wavy/Curly hair can be hard to blend with relaxed hair, because the hair is straightened chemically, which causes the hair, whenever wet, to have very straight ends(not cute!).
So I would suggest this to do the following:
-Do a bantu knot out or a twist out in your hair.If you do this to your hair and the weave together, your hair and the weave will look as if it is one and it will be easier to blend it, instead of trying to wear a scarf over your head or something of the sort. You can achieve this look whether your hair is dry or wet. It will look the same. I have included a video at the bottom to help you out. I would suggest doing the style over night, or atleast 5-7 hours before your appointed event.

This also goes for Natural Hair too with the Kinky Curl !!

Twist Out

Twist Out by MissBossyLive

Bantu Knot Out

Bantu Knot Out Video by Whoissugar


"How can I make sure my tracks don't show?"

I really have no idea....lol just kidding! No really you just need to be careful. There is no tutorial for this. If you are doing your own hair, you need to take your time and  not be sloppy! You get the result of the effort you put in! If your stylist did it, well you need to go to that heffa and get your money back! Just sayin. But if you want to know how to put the track back in. Its very simple.

Get some needle and thread, and sew along the braid. Its as if your tightening your hair.

"UGh! I must have gotten a bad weave because my hair is shedding so much, what do I do?"

I don't think you have a bad weave, it could be the method you/stylist put your hair in. Besides the hair being bad, there are two other ways your weave is shedding so much.
1. You cut the track when placing it.
2. You didn't seal the wefts.

Now your probably thinking " Well, aren't you suppose to cut the tracks" Actually, no you don't have to. There is another method called the folding method(among other various ones) that can also be used. It is really hard to explain over text, however I have a video below. It reduces the shedding that is causes from cutting the wefts.

Folding Wefts Video by PerfectLocks


The second method I talked about was sealing the wefts. This process is done BEFORE INSTALLATION. So before you go to your stylist, you seal your wefts. The process is shown below.

Some brands that people use to seal wefts are Arleene's Stop Fraying , Dritz Fray Check, Hair Extensions sealant(hairextensions101.com), and June Tailor Fray Block. Almost all of these can be found at your local Joanns,Michaels,or Walmart.

Sealing Wefts by MissBossy Live

Hope this helps!

Alter Ego.

Please comment below and tell me what you think about this post. I really need some opinions about it. I need to know what you guys want. I need answers here people! Go head and comment. The button aint there for nuthin!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh.

    Great tips. I really needed 2 noe that about the sealing the wefts. Im about to get some hair I got from a vendor.

    Do u do vendor reviews also, cause that would help alot on Alibaba.

    Keep doin ya thang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete